Red Velvet Cream Cheese Pancakes
This recipe comes from Something Swanky. They are to die for and perfect for Valentine’s Day! Check out her other recipes, they are amazing!
For the Pancakes:
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 cups red velvet cake mix
1 Tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 cups milk (I used closer to 2)
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 oz. Cream Cheese
1/4 c. Butter, softened
2 - 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp. milk
splash of vanilla, if desiredInstructionsFor the Pancakes:
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Whisk together all ingredients except for 1 cup milk.
- Add remaining milk 1/4 cup at a time until you’ve reached your desired “pancake consistency” (thinner batter for thinner pancakes, thicker batter for thicker pancakes… obviously).
- Pour pancake batter 1/4 cup at a time onto a preheated (about 300º) and buttered griddle or skillet.
- When bubbles form on top, flip and cook for another minute or two on the other side.
Source photo & recipe : www.somethingswanky.com
- In a stand mixer, whisk together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar and milk, alternately, 1 cup (sugar) and 1 tbsp. (milk) at a time until you’ve reached your desired consistency and sweetness.